The Town Common Newspaper is looking for several innovative reports/writers with camera(s) to join our rewarding team of professionals. The areas of news coverage include Newburyport, Amesbury, Salisbury, Newbury, Byfield, Rowley, Ipswich, and Georgetown as well as surrounding towns. The individual(s) in this role will report on various subjects for one or more publications. This position will include covering subject matter at various times of the day as well as some weekends.
- Cover local events: town halls, schools, civic or social functions
- Report on various human interest stories.
- Investigate various assignments.
- Work closely with the Editor, and Assistant Editor.
- Attending weekly content meetings.
- Supply story copy accurately and on deadline.
- BS in Journalism or English preferred, or years of relevant experience.
- At least 2 Yrs of writing experience.
- Knowledge of AP grammar style
- Must be willing to work nights and/or weekends if necessary.
- Knowledge of MS-Word, Internet searches, and Quark or InDesign (preferred).
- Ability to utilize a digital camera, Knowledge of Photoshop or photo editing software desired.
- 3 Professional References
The Town Common newspaper office is conveniently located in Rowley, MA.
To apply, please send resume, examples of articles, and/or writing style to: firstname.lastname@example.org